The Okanagan Nation Alliance (ONA) is the Tribal Council for the eight member communities of the Okanagan Nation which includes Osoyoos Indian Band, Upper Nicola Band, Upper and Lower Similkameen Indian Bands, Penticton Indian Band, Westbank First Nation, Okanagan Indian Band and the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation. The ONA’s mandate is to advance, assert, support and preserve Okanagan Nation title and rights. Further, the ONA is charged with providing members with a forum to discuss and form positions on areas of common concern.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible to provide strategic and operational oversight, policy support including the development and management of the Natural Resource department. This position serves as conduit between the ONA Technical team and the Natural Resource Committee. In consultation with the Executive Director, the position will be responsible for increasing the Natural Resource profile of the ONA and be acutely aware of Provincial and Federal existing legislative frameworks, policy direction and developments that specifically impact First Nations. The successful candidate will furthermore supervise and arrange opportunities for the professional development of staff, and actively support the ONA referrals initiative.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, direct, budget, manage and implement programs using a collaborative style will be essential for success.
- Deep and extensive knowledge and experience in Natural Resource and land use and planning practices, facing First Nations.
- Ability to provide high level reporting to senior audiences in both verbal and written form.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in developing successful proposals and/or funding partnership arrangements are essential.
- An applicable masters degree in biology, environmental studies, forestry or natural resources with at least 5 years’ experience management experience in a natural resources related field.
More information, including application instructions: http://www.syilx.org/careers/ona-opportunities/