First Peoples Worldwide would like to announce a Call for Applications in Traditional and Contemporary Self Governance, extended to Indigenous communities in the Arctic and the Americas. Proposals are due by midnight (EDT) May 31, 2012.
First Peoples Worldwide seeks to fund:
• Projects to build on Indigenous problem solving and decision-making processes.
• Projects to bridge political representation for traditional and contemporary governance structures.
• Projects to utilize traditional knowledge and cultural processes in political systems.
• Projects to facilitate inclusion of the various Indigenous leadership and community sectors in the political systems.
Grants will range from $5,000 to $20,000 with the average project covering an 8 to 10 month timeframe. It is anticipated that project funding will begin July 1, 2012 and end May 31, 2013. Please note that Shell Americas is one of the donors for this initiative.
All applicants must:
• be an Indigenous led grassroots/local or community based institution in the Arctic or the Americas;
• have an organizational bank account or a fiscal sponsor;
• be willing to share project outcomes and lessons for use in case studies and formal training modules for Indigenous organizations, corporations and multinational agencies.
Funds cannot be used to support individuals, school applications or college or university scholarships, legal research, political lobbying, projects that do not originate from or are not led by an Indigenous community, travel to the United States, general operating, or event fundraising.
Again, proposals are due by midnight (EDT) May 31, 2012. Submit your proposal to email@example.com, with the name of the applicant organization in the subject line, and in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PDF format. All proposals will be acknowledged within 48 hours of our receipt, and all applicants will be notified of the decision by no later than June 15, 2012. Alternate methods of submission include fax to 540-899-6501, or via postal service or other express delivery courier to Grants Coordinator, First Peoples Worldwide, 857 Leeland Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22405, USA.
Please share this information and the attached forms widely.
First Peoples Worldwide
857 Leeland Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
Phone: (540) 899-6545
Fax: (540) 899-6501
Check out our new facebook page: