A 3D Virtual Reality Perspective
Victorian Rainforest Network (VRN) presents this website as new way to learn about rainforest and native forest logging issues (on public land) in Victoria (Australia) by providing overlays to be used with Google Earth, so anyone can have a 3D virtual reality forest tour.
With the help of overlays created by VRN for Google Earth, it is possible to view remote landscapes in virtual reality and:
- discover where rainforest exists,
- see past and future clearfell logging,
- see National Park boundaries,
- see location of Rainforest Sites of Significance,
- see location of the Melbourne domestic water supply catchments threatened by logging,
- check rainforest buffers etc.
More information here: http://www.vicrainforest.org/